Monday, September 04, 2006



As all the inhabitants of this city, I had forgotten it used to be a lake. But wiser and evil as nature might be, today I got a reminder of this mega-polis remote past and its posible future.
It rained and it rained, it was storming out in the gray deep street. Rained, rained, rained and rained some more, two hours non-stop and I had only traveled 1 mile or so.
I got scared and started to consider the idea of getting in some theatre to watch a movie while rain stoped. It was brilliant, but I was still trapped in the traffic and had to sail my way to the nearest mall. I couldn´t. It keept on raining and Tlaloc wouldn´t let me go, so I decided to make a slow stop to the nearest worshipping place around. So I ended in Wallmart.
I got me some supplies and prepare myself mentally to spend the night inside my car, but Tlaloc was angry and demanded attention.
Three hours later I was 3 miles away from where I first started the engine and before me was an instant lake, just between me and the off-ramp that takes me home. A few meters ahead there was also three cars half sink in the lake. So I had to take a desition, either try to go on reverse back to the high-speed lane, or go for it and attempt to cross the lake on my modest Nissan...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home